On this page you will find community resources plus info on how to build community at your workplace.
Build a CAN Committee at Your Workplace
Need support or counselling? You can also reach out through the Members’ Assistance Program. This confidential referral service is through Labour Community Services. They can connect you with the appropriate support in your community for substance abuse, physical abuse, depression, grief, anger, financial counselling, legal advice, affordable housing and more. Find out more.
You can also view/print a poster for your workplace in ENGLISH or FRENCH.
National Indian Residential Schools Crisis Line
Support is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Website: www.irsss.ca or call 1-866-925-4419
Mental Health Support
- Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868
- Canada Suicide Prevention Line: 1-833-456-4566 | Text 45645
- Ontario 211: For programs and services in your community, call 2-1-1
Transphobic Bullying (created by the Alberta Government)
- EGALE Canada
- Kids Help Phone 1-800-668-6868
- YouthLine 1-800-268-9688
- Carea Community Health Centre 905-428-1212
- Positive Space Network
- ROCK 24 Hour Crisis Line: 905-878-9785
- www.ok2bme.ca 519-884-0000
- The Hamilton Family Health Team – LGBTQ Youth Line 1-800-268-9688
- The 519 Church Street Community Centre
- Sherbourne Health Centre (employs Local 175 members